Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Ajita Govinda Prabhu

Ajita Govind Prabhu
(Anuj Gupta)

"A Vaishnava is a touchstone" - this statement becomes a matter of fact in association of Ajita Govind Prabhu. His mere presence inspires one to render devotional service to the
Supreme Lord and his devotees.

I met prabhuji in Delhi once, before I moved to Bangalore to stay with him in Surabhi Kunj. He was the first one there who made me feel comfortable as if at home and accompanied me anywhere I wanted to go. He teaches by his behaviour that a devotee does not have even a moment to spare for mundane activities. He was always absorbed in reading Prabhupada books if not rendering any other seva. I never saw him indulging in prajalpa.

His deterred love for his shiksha guru - His Grace Mohan Rupa Prabhu is infectious. It
was because of his mercy that I got in touch with Mohan Rupa Prabhu who so kindly accepted
to guide me. Ajita Govinda Prabhu always instills the idea of glorifying the devotees and their godly qualities which result in cultivating the same qualities in oneself.

My fortune of having his constant association was shortlived as he decided to move to Delhi
for a higher cause. Prabhuji is currently serving at Sri Sri Radha Parthasarathi Mandir,
ISKCON Delhi.

Updated on 12 Oct 2012: He is engaged in school preaching. Organises Gita Saar Contest every year for school childrens and recently published a book on Value Education with help from Paramhansa Pran Prabhu.

No comments: