Sunday, August 09, 2009

Approaching Janmashtmi

Yes! the day the day we celebrate as the anniversary of the Appearance day of the Supreme Lord is almost here. Known as Janmashtmi, Krishna Jayanti and Gokulashtmi in various parts of India. If only one can fathom the heights of emotions rollercoating though a devotee's mind during the days. The temple is bustling with activity. Everyone is so busy, there is not even a single crack of time through which maya can creak in. The service becomes so important that there's no time even for offencive mentality. Wow! Indeed these auspicious days are surcharged with spitiual potency that can bestow the sincere servant all the desired boons.

Sunday was pretty hectic and that's good. Morning we went to the engagement of a very dear devotee friend. By "we", I mean Avyanga Prabhu and me.

After feasting there, I went to Amit Ghosh Prabhu's house. They have a very big altar which houses all the dities one can percieve to be present in an ISKCON altar. Palika Candrika Mataji - mother of Amit Ghosh Prabhu treated us with nice poori aloo lunch prasadam. There we sat for around 2 hours and shared various aspects of Krishna Consciousness in householder life and in general laughed about foolish philosophies propagated outside. Probably a devotee can understand this better.

After this we left for temple, where some service regarding IYF stall in Pandal awaited both of us. After spending some 1-2 hous there I was to visit Avyanga Prabhu's house to collect outfit for my deities. I parked my car at the Metro station and took the Metro train to Adarsh Nagar. I reached his house by 7:30 pm. This marked the onset of excruciating pain in my molars. Reminded me how bad is this bargain of having to carry this body which is capable of inflicting unmeasurable sufferings.

Avyanga prabhu has this most awesome altar presided by Lord Jagannath, baladeva and Subhadra and Damodar Gopal ji. And they are dressed in most exquisite of dresses and jewellery. He practices the highest possible standard of deity worship and service that is possible for a householder. He has this treasure of deity parphernalia which always levaes me wide eyed and agape.

Prabhuji then as usual being the perfect host treated us (Mohit Pr was also there) He then gave me dress material, beadings and a fragrant oil for the Lord's service. After having dinner prasadam I left in time to catch Metro back.

Visiting houses of three great devotees was a wonderful experience. Seeing the love and honor with which they accept a guest is very inspiring. May be some day I will be qualified to do the same.


No comments: