Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Everywhere I Go

I remember the lines of famous song
"I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes. Love is all around me, it's everywhere I go."
I happened to go to the wholesale flower market to buy flowers for decorating altar at home for tomorrow! The market is huge and houses about 1000s of vendors selling varities of flowers. I generally buy Orchids, Roses, Carnations and Gerberas and Rose Petals with Jasmine garlands.

Coming back to the point, I saw many devotees who had come there to do some mega shopping for the biggest birthday bash of the year. Here's a list of people I saw:
1. Suta Goswami Prabhu, Head pujari, ISKCON Delhi, East of Kailash
2. Radha Charan Prabhu from Vrindavan, we all know him from his
beautiful and sweet Gaura Nitai deities he carries everywhere he goes. Everywhere means everywhere.
3. Devotees from Chandigarh
4. Devotees from punjabi Bagh temple.
It felt so good to see devotees in the market. With bright tilaks adorning their foreheads. It was an auspicious sight. Last thing i know, Avyanga prabhu and Sanjeev prabhu are also buying flowers as I Blog !!!

Then there are other sightings which are increasing the excitement about tomorrow's great festival. I happened to visit Radha Parthasarathi temple yesterday, pandals are set, loud Hare Krishna Kirtan by Srila Prabhupada is going on, IYF devotees totally engaged in preparing stuff for IYF stalls. I also had darshans of H.H. Jaya Pataka Swami. He gave the evening lecture in temple hall.

Near my house is a temple called Sri Krishna Ashram that also celebrates Janmashtmi with great pomp and fervor, so the streets are bedecked with flags and lights. Yes all these things remind me that soon the Moon of Vrindavan will appear to banish the darkness of materialism and spread the cooling moonlight of love in our hearts.

Sri Krishna Avirbhava Mahamahotsava Ki Jaya!

No comments: