Sunday, November 26, 2006

Prelude to Pune


All Glories to Srila Prabhupada

I still remember the day when I was on my way to Pune Airport to catch a flight to Delhi. I had come to appear for GD & PI process for SITM. I was thinking about what made me come all the way to Pune all alone for the process and whats makin me think that i'll be shifting to Pune in case I get through. I was a bit afraid and felt uncomfortable.
Then I thought, that there's a hand behind all this. I've done my work, now its upto Krishna to decide my fate. If he wants me here in Pune, he'll make arrangements and if he doesn't, probably i will stay in Delhi.It was February.


Three and a half months later I found myself at the Syamsundara altar in Vrindavan, ferverently praying to not to let me fall down and forget him. Rather he should keep me calling back to have the darshan of his trancendental beauty.
I asked him to take care of me, while I would for the first time in my life step out of the (false) sense of security that my home provides. I was scared.

3 days later I boarded down at Pune Station, experiencing a sense of wonder, excitement and fear. It was a pleasant day as it had rained the whole morning. I was in Pune to explore the new realities, to expand my horizon, to test my faith and to test my strengths. I was at the mercy of Lord Sri Krishna's lotus feet. Relying upon him for shelter and protection.

No comments: