Sunday, November 26, 2006

Beginning @ Pune


All Glories to Srila Prabhupada.

Blessed by Sri Krsna, I am in the city of Pune...perhaps the eastern oxford in contemporary times.
Devotees say, its a rare opportunity to associate with ISKCON, Pune. Spearheaded by H.G. RadheShyam Prabhu, the youth preaching movement of ISKCON has inundated Pune with the sweetness of Krishna Consciousness.
I remember the last day at Radha Parthasarthi Temple in delhi, when Mayapur Shashi prabhu advised me to take full advantage of my stay at Pune.

With mixed emotions I arrived at Pune. Having known that my room mates booze as well as eat non-veg added to my fears. First few weeks were pretty hectic, with all the assignments, classes and informal sessions. After 15-20 days or so I called up one Prabhu, whose number I had taken from NandGopal Jivan prabhu. Taking directions from him, I went to temple in the evening.

Pune's temple is built on a big land and is not as opulent as the ones in Vrindavan and Delhi. Met Vipul prabhu near the shoe-stand. Introduced myself and requested him to show me around the temple and intoduce me to some one. Its stated in Bhagwatam that only devotees can help fallen souls take to the Krsna Consciousness. By their mere association, people in general learn the process of bhakti yoga. So here I was at his discretion.

He showed me around, the main temple hall, with the beautiful deities of Sri Sri Radha Kunjabihari & Sri Sri Gaur Nitai. We also moved around the prasadam hall, brahmchari ashram, bace, library, balaji's altar. And then he introduced me to Jai Nitai Prabhu.

Attended the Gaura Arotik, danced to my heart's content. Then attended the bhaktivriksa under the supervision of Jai Nitai Prabhu and Sri Kesava Prabhu.
There's a lot more to be told......

No comments: