Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Harinama Diksha

Srila Prabhupada writes in BG 13.8-12, Purport:
Simplicity means that without diplomacy one should be so straightforward that he can disclose the real truth even to an enemy. As for acceptance of the spiritual master, that is essential, because without the instruction of a bonafide spiritual master one cannot progress in the spiritual science. One should approach the spiritual master with all humility and offer him all services so that he will be pleased to bestow his blessings upon the disciple. Because a bonafide spiritual master is a representative of Krsna, if he bestows any blessings upon his disciple, that will make the disciple immediately advanced without the disciple's following the regulative principles. Or, the regulative principles will be easier for one who has served the spiritual master without reservation.

March 27, 2010 is going to be the most important day of my life. (It should, right?) On this most auspicious day, my spiritual life started as a very dear devotee of the Lord, His Holiness Gopal Krishna Goswami kindly accepted me as his disciple. He gave me the spiritual name: Satsvarupa Shyam Das.

Both my mother and father also got initiated and their names are His Grace Ajatshatru Das and Her Grace Madhurya Kadambini Devi Dasi.

Initiation ceremony started at 9:00 AM in the morning where all he candidates sat around the sacrificial kundas in the courtyard, right in front of temple hall. The are was beautifully decorated with fruits and flowers by the pujari department devotees. We were all given Harinama Chadars and a new Tulasi neck beads. Guru Maharaja arrived and took his seat and then gave a lecture on 10 offences against holy names. he made it clear that our advancement in spiritual life will not be dependent on our spiritual names but rather our dedication in following the principles of devotional service.

Maharaja first gave initiation to the temple residents and then the prabhus, and lastly matajis. In all he initiated around 200 devotees from New Delhi, NOIDA, Gurgaon and faridabad congregation and many IYF devotees.

Each devotee after paying obeisances to Sri Sri Gaura Nitai and Guru Maharaja took vows of following 4 regulative principles, chanting 16 rounds of Hare Krishna Mahamanra daily and 25 rounds on Ekadasi and other auspicous days. Also Maharaja asked us to read Srila Prabhupada books daily and take regular association of devotees. He then gave the beads and also awarded a new spiritual name to the disciple.

After this procedure was completed, HG Jaya Mukunda recited the invocatory hyms and started the fire sacrifice. this went on for half an hour. Then all newly initiated devotees circumambulaed the area 7 times.

Personally it was a very humbling experience. It was like a dream that had come true. The only thing I remember is when I was vowing before Guru maharaja and other senior Vaishnavas. After that it is all blank. Don't remember when Maharaja gave me the beads and the name. 

Phew! Finally i now have some hope of getting saved. That is if I now strictly follow the instructions my spiritual master gave me. I request all of you who are reading this to give me your blessings and pray to Krishna so that I get strength to satisfy my spiritual master, which is the key to success in spiritual life.

Names of some of he IYF devotees are now as follows:
Sahil Prabhu:            Sacinandan Nimai Das
Jogesh Prabhu:          Jayadev Gauranga Das
Milan Prabhu:            Parampara Prana Das
Gaurav Anand Pr:      Gadadhar Pran Das
Dharmender Pr(Fbd):  Devahuti Suta Das

6 comments:

Vipul S said...

great congrats prabhuji

Vipul S said...

great
congrats prabhuji

Avyanga Das Atul Gupta said...

Dear Satsvarupa Shyam Prabhu

Please accept my most humble obeisances and heartiest congratulations on the beginning new and most important chapter of your life after being initiated in “Harinam Diksha”

It seems as if yesterday we connected over the internet for the first time and met during the annual Jagannath Rath Yatra in Old Delhi… Now I look back and realize that almost 5 years have passed by… You have always been very humble and keen to understand the science Krishna Consciousness and apply it practically in day to day life… Within no time you were able to introduce your parents to Krishna Consciousness and helped them living a KC life…

You are one of the close devotee friends I have and love to be with… I appreciate your dedication towards the mission of Golden Incarnation the way you are mercifully endeavoring to deliver the fallen souls around by giving them your association and inviting them for house program. I have seen you growing in KC from beginning and feel great to see you where you are now… There was a day when I invited you to my Harinaam Diksha ceremony and now seeing you officially as my God brother gives me a lot of pleasure. His Holiness Gopal Krishna Goswami Maharaj has been very merciful on us for accepting us as disciples…

I pray to the lotus feet of the most worshipable Divine Couple to bless you with great devotion and keep you always in Their shelter so that you are able to live up to your vows and be an effective part of Prabhupada’s movement… Please convey my regards and wishes to His Grace Ajatshatru Prabhu (your father) and Her Grace Madhurya Kadambini Mataji (your mother) for the BIGGEST event in their lives…

All Glories to Sri Sri Radha Parthasarthi !!!
All Glories to Sri Sri Sita Rama Lakshman Hanuman !!!
All Glories to Sri Sri Gaura Nitai !!!
All Glories to Srila Prabhupada !!!
All Glories to Srila Bhagavatpada !!!

Your humble servant
Avyanga Das

Shweta Shetty said...

Haribol!!! Congratulations on your spiritual birth :) I too got initiated by H.H Radhanath Swami on 18 March. My name is Suvarna Radhika Devi Dasi. Let us pray that we can follow our vows nicely.
All glories to Srila Prabhupada!!!

Satsvarupa Shyam Das said...

@Vrajendra Kumar Prabhu
Thank you Prabhu! Please pray for me so that I can follow the instruction of Guru maharaja nicely and strictly.

Satsvarupa Shyam Das said...

@Avyanga Prabhu
Thank you for your kind words. I can never repay your kindness and affection. You have been instrumental in where I have reached today in my spiritual journey, back to godhead. Even though you are much senior in spiritual life, yet you afford me a position of friend.
Thank You.

Your Servant,
Satsvarupa Shyam Das